Friday, February 10, 2012

Giving Thanks In Everything

When we are down and depressed, it seems there is no way to get out of the hole we are in. For example, this morning I could have just given up because I had a relatively soar throat and it could mess up my ACT testing tomorrow. But you know what, it does not do me any good to worry about tomorrow. Instead, I am thankful that it is just a soar throat and not a runny nose! So, today I would like to post a couple of things that I am thankful for. Over the weekend I hope to post a few more.

To the right and top of this page is a picture of a stack of clothes. Most of us take for granted this simple commodity. However, there are many in the world that cannot even clothe themselves properly. It is appalling to look at the many pictures in my environmental science book of people who live in poverty. Furthermore, I witnessed first hand the poverty along the border in Mexico about a year ago. Even if the people were clothed decently, often times they looked kind of grungy.

And to the left is a picture I took of some pencils that I laid on the floor. Yes, despite the fact that I have this soar throat, I am thankful for the pencils that will get me through the ACT once more. Not to mention the fact that some people do not even own a pencil!

God is great and good and he has blessed me with so many things! I do honestly believe that the way to not get down is to simply thank God for all that you do have. Even better, ask him to let whatever you are going through be used for His good.


1Th 5:16-18 NIV - Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment